[crossfire] Charm monster too powerful?

Sebastian Andersson bofh-lists-crossfire-dev at diegeekdie.com
Mon Oct 10 02:35:06 CDT 2005

I'm playing at a v1.6 server, am around level 28 in summoning and at the
end of the chaos lair/snake pit in Lake Country at the Chaos Lord,
I just need to enter the room, cast charm monster and usually I've got
him charmed. I exit the map, the other charmed monsters take up all
the place in the new map, so the chaos lord is killed in the first map.
Unfortunally, he is killed before leaving his "hiding" room, and thus
I can't get the chaos fragment.

I see three things that are wrong:
1) Why is charm monster a summon spell and not a sorcery ? (On the other
   hand, the golems, elementals and pets are now so weak that its really,
   really hard to get lots of points except with charm monster).
2) Should charm monster reach so far as to his hiding room? Shouldn't it
   be stopped somehow by the map at least, since the hiding room is
   unavailable to the players?
3) Should charm monster be so successful? If one can't see the target,
   I think it should have a much lower chance of success.
   I've just recently began playing crossfire again, first time at the
   bigmap world, but so far most monsters have been charmed by me after
   at most 3 attempts with charm monster.

/Sebastian
--
                             .oooO o,o Oooo.  Ad:
     http://dum.acc.umu.se/

"Life is not fair, but root   \ (  /|\  ) / (o_   //\
password helps!" -- The BOFH   \_)     (_/  (/)_  V_/_