[crossfire] Improved/redone client.

Ben Jolitz lordyoukai at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 19:07:30 CDT 2006

Yo. I am one of the players of Metalforge, and I have been monitoring this.
Of most of the proposed elements, I have agreement.
However, SDL should _not_ be removed because on some computers OpenGL
and DRI are not implemented right.
That or add in an option to disable OpenGL and rely on old drawing mode.
SDL is really nice because of legacy and support issues. On the plus
side, I do not think CF should be optimized for the uber-supported
computers if it is an open source project. Consider all the people, not
just the few with the perfect setups.
Thanks,
Ben "Bort"