It's called Nindy - and it's not anything near what you are describing...
The Jumper used varies by Serial Number, and you don't get a menu, you get
either a pipe50> or pipe75> prompt (again dependant on serial number), then
you have type in "ef" (erase flash), then "df" to load a 'dif' version of
the correct firmware than what was currently installed via the console
connection (and you connect at 57600,N,8,1), upload the firmware flash load
using Xmodem Protocol, power off, reset your terminal settings for your
console connection back to 9600. When the unit reboots, the passwords (and
all settings) will be back to factory defaults as "long as" you didn't load
the same exact firmware revision level as it had on it previously (in which
case the unit will reboot exactly (and with passwords still intact) as
before you started.

If the unit's load was below 5.x, you can also get into the upload firmware
mode (after boot) using the
ESC [ ESC - to invoke firmware upgrade mode. After the upgrade (and a power
cycle) the settings will be back to Factory defaults w/no passwords.

At 01:53 AM 8/8/2000 +0200, you wrote:
> > How do I restore the default password or find to lost password on a
> > Pipeline 50?
>
>one way i know right now is remove plastic cover
>find 3 jumpers
>set terminal t 57000
>make middle jumper on and power on pipe...
>you should see menu....
>"?" gives nice help
>remove flash... end order "revision update" from your reseller
>
>is some other way ?
>
>--
>Death is Only The Beginning...
>PGP-key http://www.szczecin.mtl.pl/~awo/awo-asc.pgp
>D2 E3 0B B4 D8 F0 EE A6  48 33 AD 33 F7 B5 E9 B1

******* Top Net InterNet Services ********
Omaha, Nebraska                www.top.net
             Voice: (402) 339-5609
               Fax: (402) 333-8383