It sounds like you might be running out of HDLCs which are essential in
handling incoming digital (i.e. ISDN) calls.  The Max 4000 only has 64 HDLC
drivers so that means if you go beyond 64 ISDN originated calls, you might
see some symptoms like below.

There exists an external HDLC slot card which provides an additional 32 HDLC
drivers to handle the additional ISDN calls (beyond 64), but I'm not sure if
Lucent even sells that anymore since they discontinued the Max 4000 line a
while ago.  Anyway, even if you could buy the card, I wouldn't recommend you
trying to get a full 96 channels of ISDN calls on a Max 4000 since the
hardware doesn't have a lot of horsepower in the first place.

Hi,

Sorry if this is a FAQ, the current FAQ was unreachable.

We've been experiencing some odd issues with one of our Ascend boxes
as follows:

  - Ascend stops handling ISDN calls

Log shows many, many of these:

Aug  9 11:45:41 max4k ASCEND: slot 0 port 0, line 2, channel 12,
Incoming Call, MBID 418
Aug  9 11:45:41 max4k ASCEND: slot 0 port 0, Call Refused

The unit answers, then hangs up on ISDN calls -- The only solution is
to bring down the actual line from Line Config and bring it back up
again. I've probably missed something somewhere, but this has never
been an issue before -- Ideas/Suggestions? Yes, I've STFW'd but the
search engine for the Ascend Mailing list Archive at RealTime is
down...

Thanks,

...David