Date sent:      	Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:20:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:           	Phillip Vandry <vandry at TZoNE.ORG>
To:             	hacko at mms.de
Copies to:      	rocca at multiboard.com, ascend-users at bungi.com
Subject:        	Re: (ASCEND) Default Web page.

> > 1.) All http traffic from the Client has to be forwarded to the Proxy.
> >     If I could do a simple "if dest_port == 80 then dest_ip = proxy_ip"
> >     in a input_filter for my Client this Problem would be gone.
>
> By the way, you don't actually want to modify the destination IP in the
> packet. You need to keep that intact so that the proxy server knows
> where the customer originally requested to go.
>
> What you need to modify is the next hop only - the MAC address to which the
> packet will be forwarded.
>
> What this implies is that the transparent proxy server must be on the same
> LAN as the NAS.

Yes. You are right.

It seems that I (we) have overseen that this redirection Feature still
exists since TAOS 8! The 8.0.1 Relnotes mention it on Page 147  :-)

# Commandline
new connection bla
set port-redirect-options protocol = tcp
set port-redirect-options port-number = 80
set port-redirect-options redirect-address = 1.1.1.1
write

# Radius
Ascend-Port-Redir-Protocol = Ascend-Proto-TCP,
Ascend-Port-Redir-Portnum = 80,
Ascend-Port-Redir-Server = 1.1.1.1,

Funny Idea. Now only the Radius<->Proxy Issue need to be solved.

Regards H.Schroeder

Hartmut Schroeder             MMS Communication AG
mailto:hacko at mms.de           Eiffestrasse 598
http://www.mms.de/~hacko      20537 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 40 211105-40       Fax: +49 40 210 32 210
UTM 32U0569835 5934083 WGS84
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com