> Just setup the SNTP service on each box to use the same time server. On the
> 4000/6000, go to Ethernet|Mod Config|SNTP Server and setup the IP addresses
> for the time servers. I use the following:
>
> 192.5.41.40    tick.usno.navy.mil
> 192.5.41.41    tock.usno.navy.mil

I recommend that you configure an SNTP server at your location (most
Solaris and Linux boxes already have the software installed), source
that server off the above ones, and source your Maxes off your server.

In addition to placing less burden on the Navy's clocks, your local
clocks will all be more reliably in sync because they'll have an easier
time calibrating themselves precisely off a [topologically] local source
than a distant one.

-Phil
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com