Thanks for the hints.

But, does "ISDN Sig installed" in the "Sys Options"

1) mean that the software is in the router
   AND that the hash code has been entered or

2) does it only mean that the software is there but has not
   necessarely been enabled (via hash code)

I do not know what has been ordered, as I have changed my employer
recently and did not make the order of the Max 800.

James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> It is done with hash codes. A purchasable item. If you purchased it new, you
> should have selected which feature sets you required. If for some reason you
> ordered the correct codes, but the box arrived wrong, call support and then
> can sort it out.
> Basically every Serial number is stored in a database at Lucent with which
> feature sets have been purchased for it.
> Support can re-send you the already purchased hash codes if you quote the
> serial number.
> Cheers
> James

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++