>From: Alan Spicer <aspicer at ifxcorp.com>
>
>* Does anyone have experience using Lucent/Acend DSL equipment such as DSL TNT
>and Stinger to provide customer DSL service? I would appreciate any
>suggestions
>or opinions. We are coming up on doing DSL in some region (POPs).

We've been using a DSL Max 20 for quite awhile to do DSL over dry
copper. Works well, but not compatible with non-Lucent CPE last time
I tried, despite Ascend's claims to the contrary.

Because the Max 20 was so delayed in it's launch we used a DSL TNT
for quite awhile, then traded it out for the Max 20, keeping the same
CPE (DSLPipe-S (ugh), DSLPipe-HST (Mmm)). No discernable difference
that you wouldn't expect comparing any small Max to a TNT.

The main issue has been lack of compatible bridges. Xpeed makes a PCI
card (which you can optionally source through Lucent), but our
experience tells us that you do not want to give your lusers a card.
Hopeless. Xpeed probably has Ethernet, USB, etc. bridges by now, but
I haven't tried them. http://www.xpeed.com/
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor at infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/