> Hi all.  I'm looking for general guidelines here, or perhaps a page number
> where I can RTFM.
>
> We are trying to figure out if we can use the TNT as an aggregation device
> for fractional T1/E1 circuits, i.e. we can connect one T1/E1 to the TNT
> and group various DS-0s within the T1/E1 into separate logical channels.
> Can this be done?  This would be used instead of useing one router T1/E1
> interface per user even if they are not using the full 1.544/2.048 Mbps.

You can do this, but not with the unchanellized DS1 card you'd normally
expect to use for T1 customers. You must use the regular DS1 card and
HDLC resources.

> It's been suggested that it has to do with the nailed groupd in the T1/E1
> profiles and with setting up logical ip-interfaces.

Yup. Your connection profile (if using PPP) or frame relay datalink
profile (if using frame relay) nailed group parameter should have the
same value that is shared by the channel groups in use by that customer.

-Phil
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com