> Your point about the DB is well taken, and for that reason (and
> others) we use RADIUS with our DSL Terminator. And pay the price for
> wall the related bugs. For the Max 20s with inherently few
> connections to manage we choose the reliability of RADIUS. If I had a

Hm, there's probably a negation missing?

> bunch of them I'd use RADIUS. As you're not using numbered
> interfaces, you should be fine.

There's quite a bunch scheduled, and I'd like to be prepared :)

> >Not using that, just point-to-point or "unnumbered" routes.
>
> The prime limitation there is the inability to query the Max via SNMP
> for traffic stats for individual profiles. If one uses numbered
> interfaces MRTG can then be pointed at them. Pretty graphs for the
> NOC and the customer.

But if you're gathering essentially the same data with RADIUS accounting
anyway, what's the use/need of SNMP in this case? Yes, customers love nice
MRTG (or RDD) graphs, but they don't particularly care where the data is
coming from as long as they're accurate. You'll have a delay of maximum the
"checkpoint" plus some processing with RADIUS, I'll try to go that path
(even though the rest of the lines currently rely on SNMP).

Markus
--
KPNQwest Switzerland Ltd
P.O. Box 1600, Hohlstrasse 550, CH-8048 Zuerich
Markus Wild, Manager Engineering, e-mail: markus.wild at kpnqwest.ch
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com