All that is necessary for DOV to work is:

1) You need to make sure that the ISDN voice channel of the user dialing in
is truly going through an all digital path (i.e. no digital to analog back
to digital conversion).  This is not the case with some telcos, but I doubt
any one telco guy will know where calls traverse throughout the telco
network, so you will just have to have the user give it a shot and hope it
works.

2) You will need to route a voice call to the HDLC drivers of the Max (i.e.
the Etherdata port where ISDN digital calls normally terminate) and not to
the digital modem slot cards (which is where you normally route a true voice
call carrying client modem signals to).  You can either have telco assign
another DNIS number for this line and then you can configure Answer Number
routing under Ethernet->Wan Options->Answer #1...

Or if you have T-1 line (not a PRI), you can make sure that certain voice
calls coming into certain channels (the ones dedicated for DOV) be
configured to go to slot 9 (the Etherdata slot).

Hope this helps.

I'm looking at implementing DoV (Data Over Voice) on our MAX 4000
units, but finding setup information a little thin on the ground.

I gather I need to setup a new profile with a different dial in
number, in order to support both standard analog modem users and DoV
users.

Has anyone got pointers to what else has to be done? What's the
minimum TAOS version required?

Pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick