Edwin,

You may want to consider getting away from whatever mail client you're
using, or at least configure it to send mail in plain text format.  Most
folks on most lists would appreciate it.

About the max 3000.  I've no direct experience, but it's probably as solid
as the rest of the Ascend line.  It has the 100Mbit ethernet port, which I
would imagine is as buggy as the 6000 chassis.  It works, but in my
experience, it doesn't like some hubs and switches.  Works great with my
cisco stuff though.

As for getting up to the 8.x code.  Why?  i'm still at 7.0.26, and my maxes
work flawlessly.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks

It's always a long day, 86400 doesn't fit into a short