On Fri, 08 Dec 2000 03:34:01 Edwin_Everett at cargill.com wrote:
> Hows this.....it was set to Rich Text.....sorry
>
> We need the 8+ because we have received the NavisAccess code 5.0 and
> were hoping it would fix some of our management and reporting problems
> with earlier versions but it does not support anything earlier than 8.0
> (because of the MIB structure changes I guess)
>
> Reporting in the earlier version of NA did not scale to the level we
> needed for scheduled reports...(business units want to know) and 58
> machines running two to three reports each was too much for the
> program...
>
> The other reason to get off the 1800s and 2000s was based on the
> reluctance of Lucent to continue producing code updates for the
> models....I was waiting for enhanced security for admin/helpdesk
> support (released in 8+) pseudo banner elimination in 8+, bugs in the
> modems when using outbound modem pooling.....

If you use outbound calls, consider 8.0.2.  8.0.3 flatly refuses
to dial if the outbound phone number comes from Radius for me.
I have verified that it actually gets the Radius profile from the
Radius server in the debugging screen, when it needs to call,
but it doesn't dial at all.  It does dial of its setup in
Ethernet->Connections.  It does dial with Radius in 8.0.2.

Kind regards,
Berend