At 11:08 2000-12-17 -0500, Ross M. Greenberg wrote:
>Ping works like a champ, traceroute, both from the terminal server and
from even the MSDOSWindow's TRACERT never return: the DNS is called giving
me the actual IP I'm trying to get to, but the info on the route never
shows up, timing out.

>I'm sure it has to so with NAT (my local is 192.168.100.1, so how can the
ICMP find its way back_ but I have no idea on how to set it up....

Correct. Traceroute doesn't work with Pipelines running NAT. Ascend never
acknowledged it as a bug, so it's more like a missing feature really.
Nothing You can do about it.

/Marcus

--
Marcus AAkesson          marcus.akesson at NO_SPAM_PLEASE_home.se
Gothenburg               Callsigns: SM6XFN & SB4779