Hello:

I tried not to send an email to the list, because this may sound
really stupid, but we've turned our TNTs configurations upside down
with no success. I do believe that has something to with RIP/OSPF or
some strange issue with IE ? (didnt test Nscape)

This is the scenario:

- User launches browser (IE), which tries to load home page and
  initiates Networking dialup (automatic dial via analog modem, tested
  33k and 56k).
- The modem dials in, user is authenticated and connects.

Then (after around 15 seconds), IE prints that useful page that tells
'couldnt connect to host or DNS error'. It seems it's a DNS error.

The connection is right, as you can surf the web pressing reload
button.

It happens on all our MAXen/TNTs except in one TNT. The only
difference is that the latter propagates thru OSPF; the rest do RIP.
The second thing that came to our minds was route propagation, but
it's hard to explain the customer they must connect first, and then
surf the web¸ because it wont happend otherwise.

I believe that IE's timeout is very near the time that takes to
establish a connection and the host name lookup.

--
Jonathan Ruano Pach                Email: <kobalt at NOSPAMpobox.com>
ICQ:1252101 AIM:Tlabok IRC:Kobalt  Homepage: http://www.pobox.com/~kobalt/