Hello;

We are an ISP trying to set up one of our customers with a Cisco 1603R, to
connect to our Ascend Max 4000 using ISDN.  The customer can connect fine
with no problems when using a single channel PPP connection, but when we
switch the connection to multilink, it appears to work to start with, but at
the point when the connection would normally drop, the link goes dead - the
line physically stays up, but no traffic passes between the Cisco and our
Ascend, and the only solution is to power-cycle the Cisco.

Some more information: the Ascend Max 4000 in question is running System
6.1.24, and the Cisco 1603R is running IOS 12.0.  Here is a copy of the
config of the Cisco :-

!
version 12.0
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
no service password-encryption
!
hostname GMILTD
!
enable password xxxxxxxxxx
!
username GMILTD password 0 xxxxxxxx
ip subnet-zero
isdn switch-type basic-net3
!
!
!
interface Ethernet0
 ip address ip.of.the.cisco 255.255.255.248
 no ip directed-broadcast
!
interface BRI0
 description ISDN connectivity
 ip unnumbered Ethernet0
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation ppp
 ip tcp header-compression
 dialer idle-timeout 20
 dialer map ip ip.of.the.ascend name GMILTD 95556667777
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-net3
 no ppp lcp fast-start
 ppp authentication chap pap callin
 ppp chap hostname GMILTD
 ppp chap password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 ppp pap sent-username GMILTD password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!
ip nat translation timeout never
ip nat translation tcp-timeout never
ip nat translation udp-timeout never
ip nat translation finrst-timeout never
ip nat translation syn-timeout never
ip nat translation dns-timeout never
ip nat translation icmp-timeout never
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ip.of.the.ascend
ip route ip.of.the.ascend 255.255.255.255 BRI0
!
access-list 101 permit ip any any
dialer-list 1 protocol ip list 101
!
line con 0
 exec-timeout 5 0
 password xxxxxxxxxx
 login
 transport input none
line vty 0 4
 exec-timeout 5 0
 password xxxxxxxxxx
 login
!
end

If anybody has any ideas, I'd be most grateful !

Cheers;
Kevin Drysdale, Colloquium Internet Technical Support.
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com