There are a few things you want to keep in mind when setting up stacking:

1. Maxes should be on the same software version (because different revisions
of stacking might not be compatible).

2. Maxes should be on the same physical network and subnet (becasue stacking
uses multicast packets to initially discover other members of the stack).

3. The larger the number of Maxes you put in a stack, the busier your
network LAN will get so keep this in mind.

Otherwise, just configure the stacking options under Ethernet->Mod Config
(make sure the UDP port and stack name matches).

What is the best way to stack several max 6000?  I have looked into
the manual and have read up on the mpp stacking but I though I there
was a way to set them up as 1 unit?

Can anyone point me in the right direction