>From: "PowerNet" <psc5 at powersupply.net>
>
>Doing a sh arp command I see the addresses of my other term servers
>and my gateway routers IP address.

You should see the addresses of the devices on the local Ethernet of
your Max. If you're doing any form of Proxy ARP, you will also see
dialed-in users.

>I occasionally see ip's of dial-ups with a Refcount of 1
>but
>I also see an IP address of a dial-up IP that has been there for a
>while and has a Refcount of 992 and seems to be increasing.

The refcount shows how many times another device has asked for that
devices address (to send it data).

--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor at infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/