Hi,

I have a MAX6000 with 48 modems running TAOS 8.0.1

What I observe:

1) I dial into it and setup a PPP session using Win98 DUN. On the MAx I have
set PPP Authentication to None. On the Win98 DUN I give username and
password as blank.

2) Once I am assigned an IP address, I start a FTP session with a another
arbitrary machine on the internet.

3) I see consistently that the MAX terminates the PPP session after
17500-18000 bytes (ftp doesn't give me much granularity than that) are
transferred or the connection is up for 5minutes, whichever is *EARLIER*

4) I tried setting up PPP auth to PAP, setup a username/passwd in the
Connections/Answer profile, gave the username/password in Win98 DUN..but
same behavior.

BTW, I have observed the same behavior when I dial into from a Linux box
too, so I doubt it has got to do with remote user end.

Thanks!

Prasanna Inamdar
Qualcomm, Inc.

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++