We also have a MAX6000 that has had these symptoms. We are also the Telco so
couldnt blame anyone for it and had to try and figure it out. We run 7.2.3

The engineers on the exchange first tried resetting their E1 interface which
solved it temporarily and when it appeared a few days later, ended up
replacing the cable to the E1 interface from the exchange to the MAX and
re-setting their entire E1 bank controller after putting it down to bit
errors or something like that and it hasnt re-appeared since.