>From: "Shirish Jain" <auisplst at techex.net.au>
>
>For one of our projects, we are considering using Ascend DSL gear.
>Essentially DSLMax20 (COE) and Pipeline-HST as CPE
>any body wanna throw light on my choice, is it good, bad or a gonna be a
>nightmare. My only issue as of now is NO HDSL support in DSLMax20 series,
>but i am not aware of any concentrator (COE/CPE both) that does HDSL in that
>kinda setup. Any suggestions

We've run that setup in a MDU application for over a year with good
success. It depends largely on what you want to accomplish. If you
want to concentrate network DSL connections it is probably a good
choice. If you want to support single user and/or ADSL connections
too, probably not.

The basic features/limitations are those of any Pipeline/Max. If
you're fine with what they can do and what they can't, the DSL Max 20
and DSLPipe-HSTs are fine.

As far as basic reliability of the DSL lines, we've had no trouble whatever.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor at infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/

"Where's my burrito?" -- Homer