If this is in an obvious place in a FAQ or in the RUBB, I apologize
but I can't find it- and I feel certain that it must be there:

How in the heck can you tell a Max NOT to fall back to K56Flex? To
make it do V.90 or nothing?

Our users with dual-mode modems (both Flex and V.90) ALWAYS
connect via Flex, and in our rural areas this means disconnects,
"stun mode" + constant re-trains. Giving our users the "force V.90"
init string for their modems (if we know it) improves matters
drastically.

I'm tired of people leaving us to go with our competitor (who uses
TC racks) because the get a faster connection- and the only reason
is that the Max insists on running K56Flex if it can.

How to kill it dead? Also- I'd love to see a hack that would support
x2 fallback......

All our Maxen are at 7.0.3 and I admit I don't even know what the
current release is nor what it fixes/breaks. 7.0.3 was the first
stable one we had and I've never been tempted. ;-)

Any info on this, please cc: darkshot at chudys.com so I don't miss it
in my lists email account.

Much obliged-

'Shot