On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Pete Santiago wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have a Max 4004 with about 48 modems in it.  My customers with US robotics
> modems have no trouble getting roughly 56k speeds.  Unfortunately I have a
> customer with a Hayes Optima 56k and he can only achieve 28.8 no matter
> where he dials in from.

Maybe the hayes is set to default to the V.34 protocol? Try to find the
init string to force a 56k connection. I've had problems with certain
Rockwell based modems connecting using non-optimal protocols by
default....

Checkout http://www.hayesmicro.com/Tech_CS/faqs.htm

Andrew McRory - President/CTO        amacc at iron-bridge.net *****************
The PC Doctor, Inc.                  www.pcdr.com            850-575-7213 **
Iron Bridge Communications, Inc.     www.iron-bridge.net     850-575-0779 **
Contributed RPMS for RedHat and Caldera   ftp://ftp.iron-bridge.net/pub   **