>From: James Courtier-Dutton <jcdutton at lucent.com>

>Hello
>I don't think there is a setting as such.
>I think for PAP is might be 2 retrys (3 attempts).

I don't think that's the case as the RFC states:

     If the Peer-ID/Password pair received in a
     Authenticate-Request is
     not recognizable or acceptable, then the
     authenticator MUST transmit a PAP packet
     with the Code field set to 3 (Authenticate-Nak),
     and SHOULD take action to terminate the link.

....know "SHOULD" leaves it implementation specific,
but I'm pretty sure most implementations treat this as
a "MUST" for security reasons.

>CHAP 0 retries (1 attempt)
>Cheers
>James

> --- Hasan Khan <mhk_66 at usa.net> wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> > I am using MaxTNT single shelf,TAOS is 8.0.1.We
are
> > an ISP and my question
> > is:
> >        Regarding relogin request to dialup
user:What
> > parameters are required
> > to set in my Access Server so that when a user get
> > login failure message,then
> > Access Server should send the relogin/retype
> > password message to the dialup
> > user,before disconnecting the user.
> > I didn't got any parameter in MaxTNT related to
> > that.Can anyone guide me.
> > Thanks

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to