>>From: "James Courtier-Dutton" <jcdutton at lucent.com>
>>
>>If you are using CPE Routers, it would be better to use PPPoA.

>(Is that 'A' as in 'ATM'? The telco interconnect will be ATM DS-3.)

	PPPoAAL5,  RFC 2364

>See below.

>>People tend to only use PPPoE when the CPE is a Bridge, and one has a
PPPoE
>>client installed on the PC.
>
>...or when the telco requires it. They'll provide bridges, which we
>plan to put Netopia R9100 Ethernet routers behind. The R9100's
>support PPPoE, and will terminate the PPPoE session and provide NAT,
>etc as needed.
>
>I'm imagining that I'll be able to specify anything that I could
>normally specify in a PPP profile, including routing a subnet, but I
>haven't tested it yet.
>
>Sound, er, sound?

	On the terminator with PPPoE you need to configure up the
	ATM VC's for the ingress into the terminator.

	The PPPoE is independent of the VC which they are bridged into,
	but the layer 2 configuration has to be up (as a PVC) on the
	terminator.

		Greg
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com