Susie,

To this point we have noticed no specific or additional connection problems
with  the units upgraded to 8.0.4. Wether there has been an improvement
other than no more tones has not been determined yet as we continue to fight
the same old standard modem issues.

Stu

>Have you (or anyone else) had any specific connection problems with
>8.0.4?  Telco is *supposed* to have our phone system upgraded by the end of
>this month, so I should be able to upgrade again without any tone problems
>once that's finished.  I'd like to try a newer version than what I've been
>using (7.2.4), but would like a heads up on any problems I might expect
>from 8.0.4 if I decided to give it a try.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Susie
>
>At 09:40 AM 4/16/01 -0400, sberlin at csonline.net wrote:
>>You might try TAOS version 8.0.4
>>
>>We to spent many hours "discussing" this same situation with Lucent to
>>eventually get them to admit, as mentioned below, that many TAOS versions
>>since 7.x.x had this problem.
>>
>>We tried every OS version of 7.x.x and some 8.x.x versions the last being
>>8.0.3 and had basically given up till we finally got a Lucent tech that
>>admitted the problem and convinced us to try 8.0.4.
>>
>>We tried this on a couple of 6096's that were constantly (once a day) having
>>this problem. Well we must have gotten lucky because the problem has gone
>>a way
>>(60+days) for these units as well as others we have upgraded.
>>
>>Stu

CSOnline Technical Support hours - Monday thru Saturday 7am - 1am
CSOnline Technical Support Numbers Seneca    814-677-2447
				   Clarion   814-227-3638
				   Meadville 814-425-1696
				   Parker    724-399-1158
http://www.csonline.net  http://www.cshowcase.com  http://www.learncenter.com