Hi Wolfgang,

Are you getting any errors in your 'Dyn Stat' window, either CRC or BER?

We don't use PPP ourselves (we use FR here and use routing not bridging) but
haven't had any performance issues from the hardware. The only other thing
that somewhat jumps out at me, is that you're using compression on the link
which is going to add some amount of degregation on uncompressable files,
like the one you're probably FTP'ing. IMOE, compression on links above 128K
seem to be generally anti-productive -- of course a thousand people will
probably tell me I'm wrong, but in general that's what I've found.

> From: "Dr. Wolfgang Beneicke" <Wolfgang.Beneicke at mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
> Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:08:12 +0200
> Subject: (ASCEND) DSLpipe too slow?
>
> Hi,
>
> today I have set up my first SDSL pipelines (DSL-HS-2.3). On a table
> with a direct cable as the WAN, for testing. Configured PPP, bridging,
> no routing, no passwords, nailed connection with "Group=1". Compression:
> VJC, Stac-9.
>
> Both pipes work fine, find one another after a while, agree on 2.3 Mbps.
> Then I started a ftp transfer across the link. In both directions the
> transfer rate reached 96-98 KB/sec. I had expected more like 250 KB/sec.
>
> Any hints anyone what I am missing here? It's likely the best line
> condition it will ever get and the setup is straightforward.

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com