Hi everybody,

We have a MAX 1800 with TAOS 7.2.4+ and a RADIUS server Safe data
4.3.0.1.
We use ActivCard Tokenone and Rainbow Technologies USB Ikey.
We use ISDN call and have 16 modems 56K.
We have no problem with Dynamic password protocol but we have problems
with the challenge-response protocol and the after dial terminal server.

The Terminal Server shows this :

Username : david    ( Filled automatically by the token or the ikey )
Password :                    ( Filled automatically by the token or the
Ikey)
Challenge : 195563Password :

And after that, nothing happens, some strange digits appear
($#$%^&*()$@)  and I am disconnected from the Max.
When I press Enter,  the TS writes :
Challenge : 456562Password:

Normally, the good connection would give in teh after dial terminal :
Username : david
Password :
Challenge : 195563  ( Returned by the Radius Server )
Password : ******  ( Filled automatically by the token or the Ikey)
Check : 563201 ( a number returned by the Radius server)

Here is the configuration of the Max :
Ethernet->Mod Config->Tserv
TS Enabled=Yes
Passwd=
Login Prompt =Username:
Passwd prompt=Password:
Prompt=ascend%
Prompt Format=No
Term Type=vt100
PPP=yes
Telnet=Yes
Def Telnet=No
Telnet Mode=ASCII
Local echo=No
Security=Full
Buffer chars=Yes
Immed service=None

Ethernet ->Answer
Force56=No
Profile Reqd=No
Framed-only=No
Assigned Adrs=Yes

Ethernet->Encaps
All options =Yes

Ethernet ->PPP options
Route IP=Yes
Recv Auth = Either

The client uses SDSRAS ( supplied by Safe Data System) and a Toshiba
V.90 Modem  for connecting to the max in PAP Mode.

Can somebody help me to implement challenge response mode?

Thank You.

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com