From: "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels at westbend.net>
> A customer called and said that when he connects, he is immediately
> disconnected.
>
> When I dial our MAX 6000, I hear a loud tone on the line, it is not the
> V.8bis tone, as I had
> it the +8E=,,,0 in System->Sys-Config->AT Answer String.  Removing that
> setting did not
> change the tone.  The tone lasts about a second, and then the modem
> negotiation start.
>
> Any Ideal as to what this tone is, and how do I either disable it, or make
> it work with modems that will hang up on this initial tone?

I called Solunet Tech Support, and they advised that the problem was that
"Modem Ringback" was enabled.  They said that this was used by older modems
in order for them to know when to start negotiating, but newer modems do not
require this setting.

I needed to set Ethernet->Mod Config->Modem Ringback to "NO".

Scot W. Hetzel

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com