> I have a Max 2000 running 7.2.3 that periodically will start ringing
> busy on all ports. fatal-history has a recurring 195 index warning.
> I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before, and could it be due to a
> bad modem card?

Are you using PRI and it happens near full load? ...if so I had a similar
problem.

Warning, long story:

We have a bunch of PRI's but they roll not hunt across the groups, our first
PRI is serviced by a 2000, the rest are on 4000's -- but our first 23
callers always hit the 2000. What we found is when that box got almost near
capacity, say 22 lines in use, and someone calls and forgets their password
(or has some other connection problem) they try about 8 or 9 times and both
of the last two modems get 4 or 5 bad calls in a row logged against them.
One gets taken out of the queue, then the other one and now you have 22
modems and 23 lines and as soon as you don't have an available modem for a
call the max answers with a busy tone -- it doesn't take long to flag the
rest as bad when that happens as after a few modems on one card get flagged,
that whole card gets quiesced until all lines on it are free and it does a
card reset. Because we're roll not hunt in this area it effectively took out
our queue on all but the first 12 lines which were on another card. We
originally thought "hardware fault" but it all started happening a couple
weeks after upgrading from 7.0.4 to 7.2.3, so we downgraded to 7.0.26 still
had the same problem and went back to 7.0.4 which has been working flawless
since. (knock on wood)

I'm not sure if this works because 7.0.4 doesn't have the same behavior
about taking out modems, different modem code, or we've just been lucky,
although I doubt the later as this problem has only happened during the
times I had other loads on. In my experience, the code I've found best on
the MAX's are:

MAX 2000 7.0.4, load ftik.m20
MAX 4000 7.0.26, load ftik.m40

Good luck. :-)