** From: owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com
** [mailto:owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com]On Behalf Of Dave Higgins
** Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 2:32 PM
** To: Ascend Users
** Subject: (ASCEND) Router/Switch suggestions?
**
** Looking for suggestions on a router/switch that would be capable
** of handling
** our load without going way overkill.
**
** 192 modems (4 units) with around 100 - 120 in use at peak
** 7 low traffic Web servers
** 1000 user mail server
**
** T1 for outbound bandwidth.
**
** Expansion beyond this is always hopeful, but not forseen for quite some
** time.
**
** Looking through Cisco site but I'm not real strong in the
** know-how of what
** should handle this load, and we're trying not to over-buy for
** what we need.
**
** Thanks.
**