Once upon a time, ISPstuff <tom at ispstuff.com> said:
> How Lucent ruins great companies.  Expect more layoffs.  Ascend and
> Livingston will soon R.I.P.

Livingston is already dead.

> ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Software-Releases/MaxTNT/9.1.X/9.1.0/README for
> details.
>
> $13,400 MSRP for the 9.1.0 license on a TNT (less 50% from a reseller still
> sucks).  Plus you also need to buy the new DSP cards and an annual
> maintenance contract is required for any further updates.
>
> I guess it is time to look for a way out of this Lucent BS.

We've looked (and are still looking), and for now, we're going to stick
with our TNTs and the old modem cards (heck, we still have a lot of the
two slot 56k cards).

We aren't real happy with the TNT, but from what we can find (looking at
3Com/Commworks, Cisco, Nortel, Alcatel), the TNT fits our needs best.
Where oh where is the true PortMaster replacement? :-(
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>