Hi Peter,

	there have been multiple Buffer overrun
	vulnerabilities discovered in radiusd's
	descended from livingston's original
	implementation.

	the ascendd which you mention is apparently
	affected, as well as the extant versions
	of livingtson radius.

	These are non-product versions of the daemon
	which have been available from Livingston and
	Ascend, which have been freely available in
	source code form for a long time.  They are
	not supported by Lucent.

	I can't comment on the security of third party
	radiusd's, but Lucent's Product NavisRadius 3.X/4.X
	uses Java rather than C, which provides runtime
	boundary checks which should provide some
	protection from this form of attack.

		Greg

To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com