Date sent:      	Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:27:34 +0100
From:           	Andre Beck <beck at ibh-dd.de>
To:             	Ascend Users <ascend-users at bungi.com>
Subject:        	(ASCEND) OSPF NSSA woes

> Hi,

.... real dam'n OSPF Problem .....

> Well you say, where is the problem? The problem is that 7.0.26 is the latest
> available TAOS that runs on a Max4k. There is no later version available,
> so the bug was never fixed for that platform.
>
> So what to do *now*?

Nothing! Lucent/Ascend doesn't support this System since nearly 2 Years!!!
There are NO ..repeat.. NO Bugfixes since then. MAX1800 + MAX2000 aren't supported
since one Year and there will NO Bugfixes for them if you discover a Bug.

Sell the System on Ebay and buy something that fits your needs.

Please don't start a metadiscusion about *how long* a Vendor should support a
certain type of Hardware. I'm pissed on that there no new Portmaster releases
but Facts are Facts. So face the truth.....
(btw. is M$ still supporting MSDOS?)

regards H.Schroeder

Hartmut Schroeder             MMS Communication AG
mailto:hacko at mms.de           Eiffestrasse 598
http://www.mms.de/~hacko      20537 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 40 211105-40       Fax: +49 40 210 32 210
---
ISAKMP (0:16): deleting SA reason "He's expired! He's lost his perch! He's an ex-parrot!"
OR how not to build VPN's using Ciscos :-)

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com