Don't trust your telco, >every< time I have had CRC's building on
an ISDN line it has been a telco line quality problem.  Once it took 2
months for someone to find something wrong, but it was definitely there,
once they fixed it, the CRC's went away...  I think that time they said
that the "sealing current" wasn't there or something...

At 01:45 AM 12/12/2001, you wrote:
>From: "Mark L. Pieratt" <m.pieratt at liant.com>
>Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:59:56 -0600
>Subject: (ASCEND) Pipeline 50, desperate, need help.
>
>Hi all,
>
>Anyone out there familiar with any problems which exist with Pipeline 50
>units which cause them to just start generating large amounts of CRC
>errors, then losing connection (ISDN)?  I'm using these units creating a
>WAN between two offices.
>
>I've looked at everything!
>
>I've ordered several line quality tests on the ISDN lines, all the way to
>my equipment.  Should I trust the ISDN vendor (ma bell)?, I'm assuming I
>do.  I've looked at network traffic, nothing on either side is causing
>CRC's, as I've isolated all hosts off each LAN.  I've looked at ALL
>configuration settings, and tried ALL different scenarios of bridging, and
>routing.  Almost always, when I reset both units (cycle power for
>20sec's+), they connect up fine for x-amount of time (varying between
>15min's and two weeks of error free uptime).  Much more to tell, I'll spare
>the details, I've spent a lot of time trying to solve this problem -
>
>Anyone with similar experiences, advice, clues???

-----
Craig Norborg      CCNA/CCDA/CSE/MCSE       219.254.5254
Datacruz, Inc.                           FAX 219.256.1144
doc at datacruz.com                <http://www.datacruz.com>
Official Tucows Affiliate     <http://tucows.datacruz.com>
2500 Miracle Lane, Suite D.                     PO Box 220
Mishawaka                     IN               46546-0220

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com