Quoting Peter Lalor (plalor at infoasis.com):

> 	Dependencies: The system activates configurable receive
> data-rate limits
> 	only for connections that use CAP-RADSL, SDSL, and unchannelized DS3
> 	cards. If you specify a value for a connection that does not use these
> 	cards, the system ignores the settings.

Thanks.  We're using it for SDSL, and it does appear to limit the
traffic.  Through the miracles of marketing, we're being made to
offer an ADSL-like SDSL, ie, shaping a 1.1meg SDSL to be 1.1/128,
1.1/256, etc.  Except for the 1.1/1.1 package.  I asked one of our
droids if we were going to advertise it as "Symetrical ADSL-like
SDSL" but he didn't find the humour in it :)

Denny Reiter                               denny at reiters.org
So I don't hurt your feelings:        happydenny at reiters.org
                       www.scapegoats.org
	Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?
++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com