> I've been told by Ascend^WLucent tech support that the max is a DS3.
> Just because you can put more cards in doesn't mean you
> should.  It will
> not work reliably (I think there may be limitations on the
> speed of the
> backplane).

Ummm... Let me take an exception to it.

TNT TDM bus has 1024 timeslots.
You can happily use TNT with 960 ports -
with a CT3 (DS3 - 672 DS0) + 2 x CT1 (each is 8 x DS1 - 192 DS0; you will be
able to use 1 and a half of CT1 max) cards for an ingress, 10 96 ports cards
for processing, and one Ethernet III card
(with or without dongle ) for egress.

If you are on an E1 countries, you can use 4 x CE1 ( each has 8 E1), 10
96-modem cards and 1 Fast Ethernet egress.

Total - 14 cards for T1 countries, so get one more 96 modem just to have a
spare sitting in chassis...:-).

It works.

_zjt

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++