> What do they make that you've tried? Any comments, pro or con? Have
> you tried Xpeed's gear? If so, do you have a preference?
>
> Details! We must have details! ;-)

Well, ZyXel is mostly known for their outstanding ISDN-routers (Prestige
100 and Prestige 128). They made some IDSL-leased-line equipment but
that sucked badly. Now they have among many models the Prestige 610 SDSL-router.
It basically has the same funcions as Lucent's DSLPipeline, but it's a
little bit nicer to configure. It works (tested) against Lucent's equipment
and it also should run against Copper Mountain.

Basically what you get is a low-cost DSLPipeline with Prestige 610. It has
mostly the same features for encapsulation (PPP, FR), can handle roughly
the same amount of filters as DSLP, won't do NAT any better than the DSLP
but can handle dhcp much better. That's about it in a nutshell..

ZyXel just got out a D-SLAM, the prestige 1600. It can terminate 24 SDLS-
connections, has QoS (policy-routing and ToS). I'm still testing the
equipment but it seems pretty nice, I'm having problems getting it to
work reliably against Lucent DSLP but this is propably a software issue.

If you have any questions on the topic feel free to bug me.

Regards,

Anssi Sallinen
Network Engineer
Helsinki, Finland