> We have several max 6k's and are looking to load a newer version of
> the code.  We use tbixkh.m60 and up until last week were running
> 7.0.22.  We were having the usual Ascend problems (hangups, re-boots
> for no apparent reason, modem stalls regularly) and decided to try
> some new code.  We upgraded to 7.0.26 and have been running it for a

I highly recommend that you upgrade your 6000s to at least 7.2.3.  I beleive
it is the most stable version ever released for the 6000.  I watched this
list for quite a while before upgrading to that version, and waited for a
very good consensus that it was a good stable release.  That was about a
year ago.  I have been running this ever since on all my 6000s and nearly
never have reboots.  It fixed many connection problems.  I still have some
problems with connections from modems with PCTel chipsets, but I think those
modems are hopeless pieces of junk anyway.

If anyone has comments on the stability of any 8.x releases and how it works
with PCTel modems, I would appreciate hearing them.

Dennis Duval

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com