> >Imagine the situation where there is a single Max
> >with 2xPRI (30 channels each). There is a primary
> >and backup radius-server for authentication
> >and accounting. In addition to authenticating callers
> >with Username/Password and/or Caller-ID, most of
> >the users get an IP assignment out of a pool. Some
> >callers are getting static ip assignments (Framed-Address/Netmask).
> >The Max is advertising it's dialup-routes via OSPF.
> >The pool gets summarized.
> >
> >Within Radius there are also some static routes with
> >dialup-profiles configured (customers with own mailserver
> >and thingies like that).
> >
> >All is working fine. Now imagine i'd like to add a 2nd
> >Max to the network due to lack of B-Channels. A 2nd
> >one is already mounted in the rack, the PRI's are almost
> >ready and will be reachable via the same number than
> >the current ones.
> >
> >Now problems arise. With only users dialing in and getting
> >pool or static IP assignments there would be no problem
> >because the Maxen advertise the IPs connected via OSPF.
> >The Maxen have different pools configured.
> >But what about dialout profiles? I could set the Max's name
> >in the static routes (on the radius-server), so that only
> >one of the Max's places calls but that wouldn't help
> >because if they dial in instead of getting called and they
> >connect to the non-dialing-Max, the "wanna-dial" Max
> >would still advertise the dialout-routes via OSPF and
> >we would have two identical routes within the OSPF domain.
>
> 	You can advertise a dialout route on one max,
> 	but have lower preference for that route than for
> 	the actively connected route, which is configured by
> 	radius.
>
> 	The route which will be preferred and propagated by ospf
> 	would be the "up" route.

Greg,

I read you answer once again and noticed that you are not
talking 'bout metrics but about preferences. I set
OSPF ASE Preference = 60 on both Maxen and set the metric
of the Dialout-Routes in Radius to some higher value (10).
What's happening looks good at first sight: The Ciscorouter
sees the route adv. by the Max1 (Max with dialout-routes)
with Metric 11. Now, when the user dials in on Max2
(w/o dialout-routes), the route on the Cisco changes
to the one with the lower metric (2) and all is working
fine. I was happy :-) Until I noticed problems with
users having not one single static IP Adress but
a subnet like in radius:

        Framed-Address = 192.168.1.53,
        Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.252,
        Framed-Route = "192.168.1.52/30 192.168.1.53 1",

The Max where the user dials in gets two routes. One
of the directly connected remote router (192.168.1.53/32)
and the rest of the subnet: 192.168.1.52/30 192.168.1.53.
But THAT 2nd route does not get advertised by the Max
where the user has dialed in. Perhaps because there is
a 2nd route looking similar (the dialout-route adv. by Max1):

 max2% sh ip route 192.168.1.52

 Destination        Gateway         IF       Flg   Pref Met     Use   Age
 192.168.1.52/30  192.168.1.53    wan18    rGT     60   1       0     389
 192.168.1.52/30  <max1's-IP>     ie0      *OG     60  10       0    1224

You see that the 1st route is preferred (obviously because it's connected
to Wan18 and the metric is 1) but it won't get advertised! Here's that
the Max1 (Dialout Max) sees, while the user is connected to Max2:

 max1% sh ip route 192.168.1.52

 Destination        Gateway         IF       Flg   Pref Met     Use Age
 192.168.1.52/30  192.168.1.53      wanidle0 SG     120  10      33 1252

The Ciscorouter is only seeing this dialout-route of Max1. I don't
know where to get any further.

Last night I sat 3h infront of them boxes and everytime I changed
something to OSPF and rebooted one, waiting 10 minutes after rebooting
until the Telco is again routing calls to this PRI, I fell asleep
on my desk for about 30 minutes, wasting 20 minutes time :-))) I am
really stuck here.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sascha