> All the screws and fixings appear to be contained within the unit and are
> not easy to get at, probably requires a special tool of some sort.

Lucent has the only existing tool for removing screws from inside a closed
box but they will gladly do it for you for only $10,000 :).

If I remember correctly, remove all the screws from each side of the unit,
including a screw from each side of the front panel, then pop the front
panel off.  I can't remember if there are more screws under the cover, but I
think the black cover has to be slid towards the front and then lifted up.
These may not be exactly the correct instructions, so please don't blame me
if you tear it up.

Those fans are non-standard and a little difficult to find.  I believe I had
to order a minimum of 10 fans at about $9 each.  The originals I replaced
were Sunon KDE2406PHB2 and replaced them with an Elina KDB240615MB.  I just
can't find a record of where I ordered them from.  I replaced all three fans
at once as a preventative measure.  The wire leads on the fans will have to
be cut and soldered.

Dennis Duval

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com