Clint Wiley wrote:

> As has been described here in the past, we are having problems with maxen
> running 7.x.x and 8.x.x needing a reboot after they start adding modems to
> the pending 195 list.  This seems to happen on a 24 to 48 hour basis.
>
> We have max 6000's w/o flash memory running the following:
>
> SYSTEM IS UP:  Index: 100  Load: tbaxkh.m60 Revision: 7.0.26
>
> Is there a stable code release that can solve this problem?
>
> We also are having the problem on a few lagacy 4048's.
>
> SYSTEM IS UP:  Index: 100  Load: ftbk.m40 Revision: 7.0.26
>
> Should I downgrade to a 6.1.x ver?

I've tried everything short of 9.0.0 in the one site where we are having this
problem and nothing has fixed it. I haven't tried going back to version 6
though. I'm reasonably sure that our ploblem is being caused by the number of
bogus calls we are getting on that PRI (just about every failed call has a
dialed number that shouldn't be on our PRI and Verizon doesn't seem to
understand that this is a problem) so you may want to find out why it's adding
modems to the 195 list. Between this, the SNMP issues (I opened a ticket and
they still don't understand why I think it's a problem), and the utter lack of a
useful T1 (nailed PPP) bonding implementation (not to mention some of the worst
support I've ever had the misfortune of having to use), we've decided to try out
a different vendor. I hear Cisco and Nortel are nice...

--
Steve Haavik
Sailor Operations Center
shaavik at soc.lib.md.us