At 02:29 PM 1/30/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, everyone. I've been away from the list for a while, but still
>monitor it.
>
>I've been running 7.0.3 on both Max 6K and 4K boxes, and I disabled
>K56FLEX support
>some time ago and it helped 40% of my disconnect problems. The users
>that still
>have the problem are always fixed by flashing their antique x2 modems to
>V.90
>but I still have some random disconnects and other weirdness.
>
>Anway, I'm willing to risk another code update- from reading the list it
>seems
>that 7.2.3 is stable. However, I can't find it for the 4K boxes. I know
>that
>Lucent was going to phase out support for the 4K (drat them) but the
>docs on
>the 7.2.3 release specifically mentions fixes for Max 4Ks. WTF? Is 7.2.3
>available
>for the 4K after all, and just not on the ftp site, or what?

As far as I can tell the only higher releases for the Max 4xxxs are
7.0.4, 7.0.22, and 7.0.26. I don't know for sure but it seems based
on all I have read, that 7.0.22 is the better of the 3, but I would
also love to hear pros and cons from other concerning their
experiences. I have seen some comments that lead me to beleive that
there may be more issues with CT1s than with ISDN PRIs and these
releases.

Lyle Evans
Blacksburg.Net

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++