>From: "Dr. Wolfgang Beneicke" <Wolfgang.Beneicke at mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
>
>  > >From: "Jorge Venegas" <jvenegas at adexus.cl>
>>  >
>>  >any Know this message ?
>>  >I can fix this pipeline 50? what?
>>  >
>>  >     Pipeline
>>  >       Power-On Self Test
>>  >             Halted:
>>  >         CONFIGURE UNIT!
>>
>>  It's lost it's firmware. You can fix this by jumpering a jumper and
>>  muttering incantations. Search the archives (which were down a moment
>>  ago) for "pipeline" and "jumper", etc. for the exact procedure.
>>  - --
>>
>>  Peter Lalor           Infoasis
>
>I once had the exact same message with my P50. The reason was it had
>lost its _hash code_, the firmware was OK.
>So IMHO the jumper procedure will not solve your problem.
>
>I don't remember all details but I had to RMA the unit to Ascend. They
>wouldn't mail me a hash code string so that I could fix it by myself.
>And I really needed the unit for my internet access...

Now that you mention it, I have also had one lose it's hash code as
you say. in my case, I was able to get Lucent to email me the hash
code by supplying them the serial number and exact model (from the
bottom of the unit). No RMA was necessary.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor at infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/

"Where's my burrito?" -- Homer