Hi Dave,

	There are a couple of issues which might be coming up:

	if the RTT for the Accounting-Request,Accounting-Accept \
	(packet types 0x4 and 0x5) is similar to the timeout parameter
	set in ethernet>mod config>Accounting then you will get
	repeated packets sent out from the MAX.

	Please take into account that this includes the processing
	time on the RADIUS serverm (certain servers may queue or discard
	radius requests at busy times).  Extend the timeout on the MAX so
	that in normal operations the timeout is never reached.

	Also, if there is packet loss on the network, then the
	Accounting-Accepts will continue to be sent until one is received
	by the MAX, which it likes.

	There may be some problems if the RADIUS server does not have a
	matching clients file entry for the MAX's accounting key (regenerate
	the clients file, and re-enter the parameter in the MAX).

	If there is a problem after that you could try an alternative RADIUS
	server, and test with that (many free trials are available).

	If the problem still exists the problem is not likely to be the
	RADIUS server...

		Greg

To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com