At 01:34 PM 27/07/01 +0500, you wrote:

>Dear Simon,
>
>You can use the following user profile in your Radius for Simultaneous
Logins with your Max6K

><user>     Password = "p8wrd9", Simultaneous-Use = 2
>        Service-Type = Framed,
>        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>        Framed-Routing = None,
>        Framed-MTU = 1500,
>        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
>
>Add the following 2 Entries if Static IP has to be assigned
>
>        Framed-IP-Address = <IP-Address>,
>        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
>
>Note: This is a Merit Radius Profile, the Profile woule be the same it
would be just the syntax sometimes which varies.

>Regards
>Mustafa

Hi Mustafa,

I'm basically already doing this. I'm running cistron radiusd 1.6.4 and the
users file format is the same. The problem is that the MAX seems to have
its own way of blocking simultaneous logins somewhere in a local profile or
configuration option.

If I have Simultaneous-Use = 1 in the radius server profile, the radius
server detects the simultaneous login and rejects the radius request, which
causes the MAX to return failed authentication to the client. (The user
sees the connection refused due to an incorrect login/password) The radius
server also notes a Multiple login attempt in radius.log.

If I have Simultaneous-Use = 2 (or no Simultaneous-Use at all) then the
radius server accepts the simultaneous connection and authenticates it, the
users connection is successful, and then about 2 seconds after they are
connected, they are disconnected. Users connecting via another NAS are able
to connect Simultaneously when allowed by Simultaneous-Use, so it is some
configuration aspect of the MAX box.

Any other ideas ?

Regards,
Simon