On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Paul Thomas wrote:

> At 02:54 PM 6/25/2001, you wrote:
> >Tracey wrote:
> > >
> > > We've upgraded from an ISDN to a DSL Ascend router and I'd like to send
> > > the ISDN router back to the Corp. Office.
> > >
> > > How can I reset the ISDN to factory defaults using the com port?
> >
> >Connect via the com port and then use a terminal emulator program to
> >connect to the unit.  Go into Diagnostics mode and type 'fclear', then
> >'fsave' and 'reset'.
>
> Don't you mean 'fclear' and then 'nvr'?  The 'fclear' and 'fsave' will
> simply cancel each other out.  That is the starting of the "reccomended"
> process of upgrading to the newer version of code.

I've actually had it happen where the nvramclear DID NOT WORK until at
least one fsave had been performed.  Dont look at me. I think the whole
AOS sucks.  I hate their menu interface.  Anyway, if the previous
suggestions dont appear to work, drop into debug mode and try:

	fsave
	nvramclear
	reset (may be optional, not sure if nvramclear performs a reset)

> To get to diagnostic mode you need to have full access, then hit Ctrl D - D.

yep, thats a must!

Ken Kirchner                    :  kenk at shreve.net
Assistant System Administrator  :  Tel (318)222-2638
ShreveNet, Inc.                 :  Fax (318)213-2650

ShreveNet - Your Premium Internet Service Provider!

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com