Greetings all - I am a new member. I am in the process of setting up a new
POP (3rd) and have some configuration questions. I currently have 2 pops.
Both have Cisco 2501 routers with external CSU's. I have a full class C of
IP's. I have the class subnetted with a .128 mask. The lower IPs <128 are my
main POP, the higher IPs >128 are my remote POP. The routers are tied
together with a fractional T1.

Here are my questions: I want to be able to use one of the T1 ports on my
remote POP max 4004 to handle the FT1 that connects the two pops together.
So, instead of looking like this:
MAX-ROUTER-CSU/DSU----FT1----CSU/DSU-ROUTER-MAX (my main pop), it would look
like this: MAX---FT1----CSU/DSU-ROUTER-MAX (my main pop). If this is
possible, I need some instructions or a web page/site that tells how to
config/setup.

Is there any reason for me to have my network subnetted? Can I remove the
net mask and still operate my remote POPs (especially if the above scenario
will work?)

I am asking all these questions so I can maybe shuffle some equipment around
to give me 2 more WAN ports at my main pop, so I can expand and setup my 3rd
pop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Alan West
Westweb