I replied to the gentleman's earlier request with the Web Page for Firewall
Upgrade. I didn't post to the list, so for the rest of you it's here:

http://www.lucent-info.com/ins/firewallforfree/

It does require firmware version 6.x or above (as I recall) for Firewall
features) and from the web site above Email will be sent to the requestor
with the appropriate hash codes to enable firewall on the P130. The only
requirement from Lucent to qualify is that the unit be serial number
722xxxx or higher. (IE: don't send a request for Firewall or IPSec via the
web site if your pipeline is below that serial number).  The Firewall 4
Free program applies to all Pipelines (50, 75, 85, 130, etc) and the serial
number is the only qualifier. On P130's only firewall is enabled, on
P50/75/85 you should get feature enable key for Firewall and 56Bit IPsec
Encryption. Instructions for applying the upgrade hash codes or feature key
are sent in the email response from Lucent.  Some DSL products are also
supported.

At 02:02 PM 3/7/2001 -0600, you wrote:

>I get all the latest updates from ftp.ascend.com (worked a couple of days
>ago anyway).  Look in /pub/Software_Release or something like that.
>
>As for the firewall, I think thay all come with the firewall software, you
>just have to enable it using the key code.  You can get these codes for
>free now from what I hear, you just need the serial number of the router.
>Not sure where the key code generator is at though, maybe someone else can
>help with this.
>
>-Ken
>
>On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Dennis Romero wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to download the current IOS with firewall features. this used to
> > be available from Ascend's web page. Is it still available from somewhere
> > (Lucent)?
> > Thanks for any and all info
> >
> > ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> > To unsubscribe:       send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com
> > To get FAQ'd: <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>
> >

>--
>Ken Kirchner                    :  kenk at shreve.net
>Assistant System Administrator  :  Tel (318)222-2638
>ShreveNet, Inc.                 :  Fax (318)213-2650
>
>ShreveNet - Your Premium Internet Service Provider!

******* Top Net InterNet Services ********
Omaha, Nebraska                www.top.net
             Voice: (402) 339-5609
               Fax: (402) 333-8383