I thought Hayes went out of business ages ago, so I doubt it would be a
V.92 modem (Unless V.92 is just the name of model)

I've had a heap of trouble with there modems and every case could be
pointed back to needing the latest firmware loaded.

Try locking it down to V.34/33600 and see if you still get the timeout
problems. Either way make sure the modem has the latest firmware, check out
www.56k.com, they should have a link to somewhere with the files

Ray

At 07:22 PM 19/03/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>We are having a problem with a customers Hayes Acura v.92 modem with our Max
>6000.  When the customer calls they are able to connect, and initially
>receive web pages, but after a while they could not down load any new web
>pages.  The modem was still connected and when we tried  to ping by name, it
>would return host unknown, and by IP address, it would return "Request timed
>out".
>

>We tried fixing the problem by forcing the modem to V.90, and limiting its
>connection speed using the following in "Extra Settings":
>
>     +MS=V90,1,0,0,0,44000
>
>This made no difference in the modems ability to receive packets from the
>MAX 6000.
>
>MAX 6000    TAOS 8.0.2
>
>Has anyone a solution for this problem modem?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Scot
>

>++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
>To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com